Our School App Stay connected on the go...
We Pledge To Give You The Edge
Are you wanting more than just a great education and to stand out when you apply to university, an apprenticeship or job?
If you answered YES then Hornsey Sixth Form College is the place for YOU!
Hornsey Sixth Form College is small but mighty and will certainly give you the EDGE! We have an unmissable offering for all prospective Post-16 students and a BRAND NEW scholarship program 'Hornsey Scholars'.
Mentoring is at the heart of our development programme and all Post-16 students will have access to a mentor from an industry related to their aspirations.
Read more below to find out everything on offer to ALL Hornsey Sixth Form College Post-16 students and all the information you need to apply to be a Hornsey Scholar..
HSC provides us with the opportunities and support that help us to excel and gives us the EDGE for when we leave.
Our pledge to ALL Post-16 students:
Every student will have access to their own mentor who will have an industry-related degree.
All students will be able to take advantage of a university careers advisor interview to support them with their choice of university and the selection of a higher education degree course.
Students will take part in a leadership course to support them in developing invaluable skills in Leadership, Organisation, Resilience, Independence and Communication.
A wide range of university visits will take place to support students with their decision regarding Higher Education.
Additional benefits for Hornsey Sixth Form College students including the loan of a tablet (with an option to purchase), food and drinks discounts at local outlets and also a FULL programme of enrichment every other Wednesday.
Welcome to Hornsey Sixth Form College's BRAND NEW scholarship programme - Hornsey Scholars.
This scholarship is on offer to 10 students and includes all of these EXCITING features:
- A FREE tablet.
- A scholarship mentor programme with Futures^.
- Invitations to a number of university events, including taster lessons.
- Pre-university mock interviews aligned with local independent organisations.
- A range of subsidised cultural experiences including visits to the National Art Gallery, live theatre, dance, attendance to the National Film Festival, opera and dinner at a West End restaurant, and visits to famous landmarks including The Shard.
- An exclusive membership to the Aspire Group: here you will undertake extensive target setting; development of your strategic thinking by using Oxbridge questions and trips related to your future ambitions. There will also be further opportunities to undertake a range of activities to support you in the future provided by London Ambitions Group.
- Policy League involvement from the Economist Educational Foundation. You will learn how to negotiate on current affairs to develop an understanding of policies that shape our future. This is exceptional support for anyone aspiring to pursue a career in Law, applying for a Russell Group University or is a budding future entrepreneur.
To be applicable to apply for the scholarship you must:
- Be predicted all A grades in the subjects that you wish to pursue for A-level
- Complete the application form and send to email@example.com
The scholarship applications must be completed and submitted by December 16th at 4.00pm for consideration and the recipients will be notified by January 20th with the scholarship taking effect in September 2017.